Experiments in Home Audio (lm386)

I really needed a quick amplifier to power a few book shelf speakers. Looking around my ic bin, I found a few lm386s.
Next I pulled the rest of the parts (1x perf board,  2x ic sockets,  2x 100uf caps, 2x 5k pots,  some wires,  and a few odds and ends) 

Put all this in a blender, bake for few hours and this is what you get.

image

image

image

The results are,  its not  a bad sound. some noticeable distortion at higher levels. More improvements can be made, like changing the output caps to bigger ones,  adding a gain selector….etc.
But what I have now works. Next a class A amp and other projects.